Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This blog is dedicated to all those freelance pitches whose short, uncelebrated lives ended in an editor's inbox without so much as a whimper. I offer them here not as an indictment of editors whose news sense is undoubtedly sharper than mine, but because I think they fall into the category of information that makes you raise, say, one eyebrow instead of both.

Then again, what makes it into print or the digital equivalent often has less to do with a standard of newsy-ness than what an editor ate for breakfast or how annoying her children were as she left for work. (Was that an indictment? Maybe just a little one.)

In addition to posting story ideas I've failed to place, I'll include other items I think are interesting but won't pitch from throughout the world of science.

No comments:

Post a Comment